Having “Man boobs” is real. In fact, did you know that one-third of the entire male population have gynecomastia?
While in the past this is just dismissed by the majority, a growing number are looking for ways to address this concern like going to the gym and dieting. For these men who are self-conscious, they may lack of confidence and suffer low self-esteem.
Gynecomastia can be removed permanently through surgery. Here’s what to expect before and after the procedure.
- There are various surgical procedures in treating gynecomastia, depending on how severe the case is. An expert doctor must be able to brief the patient on the condition, treatment and other information regarding the possible outcomes of the surgery.
- Recovery period from gynecomastia can usually take up to two to six weeks. The length of time to recover still depends on the type of the procedure and your health.
- Wearing a bandage for the dressing will be required of the patient for at least two weeks. Wearing compression garments during the recovery period is recommended.
- Wait for your doctor’s go-signal to resume your normal activities, including exercise.
- Refrain from going into pools and spas for six weeks, as well as oceans and lakes for eight weeks to avoid infections.
- Don’t forget to lather on sunscreen if you’re going to be exposed to the sun. Cover the incision spots particularly, so they won’t darken.
If you have gynecomastia and is bothered by this condition talk to us at ZI Institute!